If your application requires a certain Java version, the recommended approach is to set a launch condition for its installation. Our team usually links inline relevant user guide articles (blue text).
To set a simple warning:
- follow our How do I display a message box?
- add the "Display message box" custom action without sequence
- execute it through a DoAction published event
set on a "Next" button (How do I execute a custom action when a button is pushed?
- condition the custom action using a search added from the Search page
*this condition should determine if the required Java version is installed on the target machine
*another hint on this step is to copy the Java predefined prerequisite detection criteria search (Prerequisites page -> Java prerequisite -> Install Conditions Tab)
- you can use the How do I install resources based on the Operating System version?
article to set the OS condition
All the best,