jsavoor

Error in generated EXE

I have created an install using the latest 4.9.2. There are a number of pre-requistes that are within the installer.

When I right click on the .EXE file that is produced I get the following error. This error does not occur with other files.

"Invalid size or checksum of file or unsupported compression format - native error: 00008. File processing error, possibly disk full."

Any ideas?

Jay
gigi

Hi Jay,

I don't think that there is a problem with the generated EXE. Please try to reproduce this behavior on other computer (with a clean OS installation on it).

Let us know if the problem persist.

Best Regards,
Gigi
andeeh

i get this error all the time. I just upgraded to the latest version. Any ideas?
jsavoor

It is definately not a problem with the PC I am using. There is NO OTHER FILE on my machine that exhibits this issue.. not even other installers I have created.

Just this one particular installer exe (even if I create an MSI version).

The one thing is that I have several pre-requisites within and I am wondering whether it is the build process of creating a master MSI/EXE that is causing the issue.
andeeh

I'm going to try on another PC. Like you I never get this error with any other file on my system. I'm generating a .exe file and I'm using the Java version of the product.
gigi

Hi,

In order to investigate the problem please send a small test project AIP file that reproduces this behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Best Regards,
Gigi
andeeh

Sorry I never got back to you, but I worked out what causes this: I had run a copy of Visual studio 2005 (90 day trial) and then uninstalled it. I think when VS is removed from a windows machine then it causes this problem.

Return to “Common Problems”