wtdedula

I'm getting so fustrated

Hello All;
I am tryinbg to create an install from a directory that is 2.12 GB, and has 157,156 files and 5,769 filders using the Advanced Installer Professional which I purchased last week.

The installer program seemed to create an .msi Windows Installer Package OK that was 1,581,691 Bytes.

However, when I test the Installer Package, I receive a window that says "Preparing to Install" and then the Window disappears and nothing further happens.

This is not working for me. Unless I can create an installer package that works reliably and every time, I won't be able to use it to create a Windows Install designed for worldwide distribution.

Any suggestions, anyone ?

Tim
Ionut

Hi Tim,

In order to determine the cause of this problem, please generate a verbose log using the following command:

Code: Select all

msiexec /I package.msi /L*V C:\package.log
Send the log file and the AIP file to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
wtdedula

Thanks. Could you give me some guidance on how to do this ? Do I open up a MSDOS Window and type in the command you gave, or do I execute this from within Advanced Installer, etc ... ?

I am checking the documentation to see if I can figure out how this is done but I would like to do it and send it to you before I go to work.

Tim
Ionut

Hi Tim,

You can generate the log file from within Advanced Installer using the "Project -> Run and Log" menu item. Or you can invoke the command I have mentioned from a command-prompt window (specifying the actual name of your MSI package).

If you need more details, please let me know.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
wtdedula

I figured it out. I'll be sending you a log soon.

Tim

Return to “Common Problems”