kumarkiranc

Problem In removing IIS Virutal Directory

Hi,

When iam unistall the appliaction. the appliaction is unistalling but in IIS the virtual directory is not deleteing.

Now i want to overwrite the IIS virutal directory. how can i do it in Adavnavce Insatller

Thanks
Kiran
Cosmin

Hi,
Now i want to overwrite the IIS virutal directory. how can i do it in Adavnavce Insatller
I'm afraid that Advanced Installer does not support overwriting virtual directories.
When iam unistall the appliaction. the appliaction is unistalling but in IIS the virtual directory is not deleteing.
If a virtual directory is included in an installation package then it should be removed during the uninstall.

Note that for a IIS virtual directory you have the following options:
- Prompt user for action
- Skip item installation
- Rollback installation

If during the install process a virtual directory that needs to be installed is already present ion the target computer, then the default option will prompt the user.

If the user chooses to skip the virtual directory or the "Skip item installation" option is set, then during the uninstall the virtual directory will not be deleted (it was not created by the installation).

If the problem persists please send us a test case reproducing this behavior (the AIP and the necessary files) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate the problem.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
UnstoppableDrew

I've been having this problem too. I think it started for me in AI6.0, because I'm pretty sure they were being deleted in 5.whatever that I started with.
If you still have any of the projects I sent recently they have this behavior.
Cosmin

UnstoppableDrew wrote:I've been having this problem too. I think it started for me in AI6.0, because I'm pretty sure they were being deleted in 5.whatever that I started with.
If you still have any of the projects I sent recently they have this behavior.
Please make sure that the virtual directory is created by the installation package that uninstalls it. If this is not the case then the virtual directory will not be removed.

If the problem persists please send us a test case reproducing this behavior (the AIP and the necessary files) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate the problem.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”