Bernd

Multilanguage setup with v6.0

Hi,

I've build my first multilingual Setup (German/English) with v6.0.

Settings:

Bootstrapper: Display Language Selection Dialog
Translations: Create only a multilingual package

It "nearly" works, but

- The language Selection Dialog ist displayed TWICE
- The Autorun feature doesn't seem to work with this

Please help!
Cosmin

Hi,
The language Selection Dialog ist displayed TWICE
I have managed to reproduce this behavior on my test machine and it is a bug in Advanced Installer. This will be fixed in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
The Autorun feature doesn't seem to work with this
Can you please give more details about how you are using the Autorun feature? Also, please specify what kind of behavior you are encountering.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Bernd

Cosmin:
Quote:
The language Selection Dialog ist displayed TWICE

I have managed to reproduce this behavior on my test machine and it is a bug in Advanced Installer. This will be fixed in a future version of Advanced Installer.
Any idea when this will befixed...
Quote:
The Autorun feature doesn't seem to work with this

Can you please give more details about how you are using the Autorun feature? Also, please specify what kind of behavior you are encountering.
The Autorun.exe seems to switch control to the msi file, so bypassing the language selection in the Bootstrapper (In fact the installation seems to pause/stop when using Autorun with a Bootstrapper).

This is not a big problem, because I can write my own Autorun.inf ...

Thanks

Bernd
Cosmin

Hi,
Any idea when this will befixed...
This bug will be fixed in the 6.0.1 release which is scheduled for the near future (it will be released before the end of this year).

If you need the fix before it is released please contact me at support at advancedinstaller dot com and I shall send you the fixed AI installation package as soon as possible.
The Autorun.exe seems to switch control to the msi file, so bypassing the language selection in the Bootstrapper
I cannot reproduce this behavior on my test machine. If you select the "Package Autorun" -> "Install the package" option then the bootstrapper will be launched.

If the problem persists please send us the AIP and the Autorun.inf files (if they do not contain confidential information) or a small test case reproducing this behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate the problem.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”