urban

some basic questions about java

I am a new Java developer and going to make a setup for my project with AI. This can be funny questions for you ,sorry for that.
1- Which files i have to include to Application folder .I think just the .java and .jar files not .class files am i right?
2-What is the difference between Java product installation and service installation.What makes my project a service installation?
3- I cant decide on my projects' application type whether a graphical user interface or a win32 service.
Thank you already.Best regards
Cosmin

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.
1- Which files i have to include to Application folder .I think just the .java and .jar files not .class files am i right?
In order to create an installation package for your Java application you will include in the "Application Folder" directory ("Files and Folders" page) and in the Classpath ("Java Products" page) the .JAR files.

We have a tutorial for creating a Java product installation, please take a look:
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... -java.html
2-What is the difference between Java product installation and service installation.What makes my project a service installation?
A Java Product installation will install a Java application and a Java Service installation will install a Java service. Your project will be a service installation if you install a Windows native service by using the "Services" page.
3- I cant decide on my projects' application type whether a graphical user interface or a win32 service.

- If you install a Java Application which has a Graphical User Interface then you set the "Type" to "Graphical User Interface".
- If you install a Java Application which uses a console then you set the "Type" to "Console".
- If you install a Java Service then you set the "Type" to "Win32 Service".

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”