jr72

I cannot create empty directory

I have examples installed in the separate subfolders. First the user set the examples directory via Browse Folder dialog. Then I create examples folder (Property based) and a few subfolders (Regular) ie.
[QW_EXAMPLES_DIRECTORY]\QW_3D\Standard\Wgtocx and place files here. The problem is that the directory [QW_EXAMPLES_DIRECTORY] is created, but the rest are not created.
The [QW_EXAMPLES_DIRECTORY], QW_3D and Standard directories are empty (does not contains any files, only directories).

I would be very thankful for any help.

I use Advanced Installer 6.0 Trial.
Cosmin

Hi,

I cannot reproduce this behavior on my test machine.

Please send us the AIP (if it doesn't contain confidential information) or a small test case reproducing this behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate the problem.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jr72

Hi

I create new project to try this behaviour.
I found the missing QW_EXAMPLES_DIRECTORY (this is the name of directory, the name of the Property is the name of directory) on the drive D.
It make me confused: some subdirectories was installed correctly in QW_EXAMPLES_DIRECTORY (C:\ProgramData\QWED\v70B5\qw_examp in my case) and some subdirectories was installed in D:\QW_EXAMPLES_DIRECTORY

Than you for your help
Janusz
Cosmin

Hi,
It make me confused: some subdirectories was installed correctly in QW_EXAMPLES_DIRECTORY (C:\ProgramData\QWED\v70B5\qw_examp in my case) and some subdirectories was installed in D:\QW_EXAMPLES_DIRECTORY
This happens because you did not set the QW_EXAMPLES_DIRECTORY property correctly. Also, please make sure that you specify the default value of this property in the "Install Parameters" page and not by using control events.

Let me know if the problem persists after making the necessary changes.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”