firecodex

Prerequisite launch condition expressions

I am trying to configure a prerequisite launch condition to look for a certain file before installing the MSI. Another words, if file X exists, continue, else quit. I can't seem to find any expression index or key so that I can find the expressions I need.

What expression can I use to do this, and is there an index somewhere that I can use in the future?

(Example: File ["c:\folder1\folder2\file.exe"] Present)

Thanks!
firecodex

Suppress error message

I got this to work by creating a file search to search for the required file, then used that resultant property as a launch condition.

Now I have another problem. If the file is not installed, it displays an error message. As I am going to push this install to the users, I don't want this error message to come up, I just want it to quit if the required file is not found. Obviously I'm already using the option "Limit to basic user interface", but this option still allows error messages.

How can I suppress this error message?

Thanks.
Cosmin

Hi,

I'm afraid that you cannot use a launch condition which doesn't display a message because the end-user will not know why the installation is stoped.

However, you can launch the installation completely silent (the error message will not be shown) by using this command:

Code: Select all

msiexec /i package.msi /qn
where "package.msi" is your package.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”