DavidPayne

No Deploy Option With Active Directories / Group Policy

Hi,

This is probably not the right place to ask this question, but it seems like it's worth a shot - feel free to ignore me if I'm asking too much.

I'm not a systems admin and I don't have any kind of Windows network to play with, but I'm trying to create an MSI installer, for a Java app, that schools can install remotely over a network. I'm a long way out of my depth!

However, I'm using AI, and have a working MSI installer, that I'm delighted with. The only problem being a couple of support requests from schools saying, for example:
I cannot get the Msi to deploy using Group Policies in Active
Directory. The Msi does not get assigned for deployment. I can only
install by double clicking on the Msi and installing it manually.
I don't really have any idea what that means... I've read around active directories and such, but am a little overwhelmed by information, and have nothing to try out what I'm reading on. It would be great if there was some obvious, simple solution that someone here had...

Any advice on why the MSI doesn't get assigned for deployment, gratefully received.
Cosmin

Hi,

Please send us the AIP that shows this behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate the problem.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
DavidPayne

Thanks - sending it now.
Cosmin

Hi David,

The problem seems to be that multi-lingual MSI packages cannot be distributed through GPO. The workaround would be to create separate packages for each language and distribute one of them through GPO.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”