aldebaran

Changing the SHORTCUTDIR-Name after user selection

Hi,

in my setup the user chooses a branch (Fitness, Nightlife, Food). This branch is used as program installation folder name by resetting the APPDIR-property. This works.

Now I want the branch to reflect in the start menu (the suer will start the programm by using Start-Fitness-ProgramName. The current setting takes the 'original' programname as folder-name in the Start-Menu.

How can I do this?

Regards
Stefan Hackenthal
http://www.aldebaran.de
Cosmin

Hi,

Can you please give more details about what a "branch" represents? Are these features or options (for example radio-buttons)?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
aldebaran

Dear Cosmin,

please excuse my long silence, but I was distracted.

My situation:

I let the user decide what type of business he is in. For this task I created a variable (called [BRANCHE]), filled it with a default value ('Nightlife') and present the user a list of four types of businesses (Fitness,Nightlife,Shopping,Other). The user selects a type and the value of the variable [BRANCHE] is changed. This works quite well, I can see the (changed) content of [BRANCHE] in the next dialogues.

My problem:
The program I install should be visible in the start menu in this way: Start-Programs-[BRANCHE], e.g. Start-Programs-Fitness. I somehow managed to connect [BRANCHE] with the Application Shortcut Directory, but the install only takes the original default value of [BRANCHE]. So no matter what type of business the user selects the program is always seen under Start-Programs-Nightlife. It seems that the change in the value of the variable does not reflect in the name of the App Shortcut directory.

What can I do?

Greetings
Stefan Hackenthal
aldebaran GmbH
Cosmin

Hi Stefan,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior.

Please send us the AIP with the problem (if it doesn't contain confidential information) or a small test case which reproduces the behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”