Swan

Shortcut URLs and a file:// URL

I'm using AI Enterprise v6.0.1.

I'm trying to create a file:// URL as an Internet shortcut. I'd like to reference a URL that refers to a file in a sub-folder of the application folder. When I use the "Edit Internet Shortcut Properties" dialog, I use the following string in the "URL:" field:
file:///[APPDIR]\Manual\default.htm?context=LANsurveyor4Visio&file=LANsurveyorVisioPHIntroduction.htm

The installer is built and runs without a problem and the shortcut does appear in the Start menu. However, the resolved shortcut appears to be [APPDIR]\Manual, which is leaving off the file and other parameters. When I use the shortcut, a browser does launch but it simply finds the default.htm file and opens that without regard to the rest of the URL. How can I get the *complete* URL to be respected?

Thanks for your time.
Cosmin

Hi,

Please try using in the "URL" field a property that stores the path of the file, for example:

Code: Select all

Name: MY_URL
Value:default.htm?context=LANsurveyor4Visio&file=LANsurveyorVisioPHIntroduction.htm
Also, please make sure that the URL you are using is valid (you can test it after the installation by using Internet Explorer).

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Swan

Thank you, cosmin.

Return to “Common Problems”