UnstoppableDrew

Exclude filters aren't excluding

I'm having some trouble with the exclude filters. I created a new project, and added a tree from my svn working directory. This grabbed all the .svn directories too, so I set it to synchronize, and checked the exclude filters. '.svn' is one of them, but it's not excluding those directories from my project.
Looking at the xml I can see the both the files that aren't supposed to be there, and the directory entries with the exclusion rules:

<ROW File="zeustest1.rds.svn_base" Component_="GetProductsGrid.rdl.svn_base" FileName="zeuste~1.svn|zeustest1.rds.svn-base" Attributes="1" SourcePath="..\..\db\REPORTING\Reports\.svn\text-base\zeustest1.rds.svn-base" SelfReg="false" Sequence="542"/>

<ROW Directory_="db_DIR" SourcePath="..\..\db" ExcludePattern="*~|#*#|%*%|._|CVS|.cvsignore|SCCS|vssver.scc|mssccprj.scc|vssver2.scc|.svn|.DS_Store" ExcludeFlags="6"/>

Any suggestions ?
Thanks,
Drew
Cosmin

Hi,

We cannot reproduce this behavior on our test machines.

Please send us the AIP (if it doesn't contain confidential information) or a small test case that reproduces this behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate the problem.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Cosmin

Hi,

You are encountering this behavior because you have added the .svn directories before you have set their parent directory as a synchronized folder.

In this case the .svn directories are seen as external independent directories and they are not controlled by the synchronization. Also, the folders were not replaced by the ones resulted from the synchronization because they were excluded.

The solution is to remove all the of the .svn folders and their parent directory, add the parent directory again and set it as a synchronized folder with the exclusion filters. When you will refresh the "Files and Folders" page everything in the parent directory will be added, except the .svn folders.

You can read more about the Synchronization feature here:
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... lders.html
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... onize.html

Regards,
Cosmin
UnstoppableDrew

Hmm...it's a little bit of a chicken and egg problem isn't it ? I need to add a tree that is currently in my source tree, and I don't want the .svn folders, but I do want it synchronized.

I wound up just deleting all the folders under the top one (which was synchronized), and then hitting refresh and got what I wanted.

Thanks for the help.
Quadiago

On this, I would like to suggest that you add some indication to the file/folder view to help distinguish between files/folders that have been added by synchronization and those that have been added manually. Perhaps a icon overlay for syncrhonized items.
Cosmin

Hi,

I have added this feature on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,
Cosmin

Return to “Common Problems”