Ronen

Install prerequisition - JRE

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi ,

Your product is very impressive, however I have questions about installation of JRE.

1. it is written in other topic that in order to install JRE as prerequisite
In the "New Prerequisite" dialog you set the "Location" field to URL and the "URL" field to:
http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/ ... leId=12798
If I try the url directly in browser it downloads the file, however through the installer it downloads the right file but with name "BundleId=12798" without extension, so when it tries to run it fails.

2. Is there a way to just install the latest JRE if not installed?
Currently I have to provide the exact size of the file and specific url, so it limits me to a specific version.

3. About this forum: when I:
1. Search posts
2. view one of the posts from result list
3. press back to return to the posts list,
it doesn't return back and I have to redo the search again.

Thanks,
Ronen

Cosmin

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:54 am

Hi,

This happens because this link is now redirected (it is not a direct link to the file anymore).

The solution is to add the installer of the "online" version of the installer as a Prerequisite (jre-6u3-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe). Note that this installer has a small size and it automatically downloads the files it needs to perform the installation.

You need to add this EXE as a "File in package" prerequisite.
2. Is there a way to just install the latest JRE if not installed?
To install a JRE version you can use a prerequisite or a bundled JRE. You cannot install the latest version, you can install only a specific version.

Note that a bundled JRE will be used only by your application. Also, if other JRE versions exist on the machine, they will not be used (the bundled JRE will be used).
3. About this forum: when I:
1. Search posts
2. view one of the posts from result list
3. press back to return to the posts list,
it doesn't return back and I have to redo the search again.
Please note that this is completely related to your computer. Usually this happens if you use a firewall. Also, I cannot reproduce this behavior on any of my test machines.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”