mikeb

Can I signn multiple files with the same digital signature

Can I really sign multiple files with the same digital signature? I realize this question is not really an Advanced Installer question, but the feature you have to sign a file included in an final distribution (.exe or .msi) implies it's OK to sign multiple files with the same signature.

I was under the impression I would need a separate signature for each file I sign in order for the signature to be seen as valid (when it verifies the file has not been tampered with, etc).

To be clear, I'm talking about using your digital signature feature to sign the distribution file, as well as the included dlls and exe.

I'm also wondering if I can create multiple distribution files (via multiple advanced installer projects) using the same signature.

For reference, I'm signing with cert (.pfx file) from Comodo using Signtool.exe.

If I can use one signature for all my files, that would be great!

Thanks.
Cosmin

Hi,
Can I really sign multiple files with the same digital signature?
Yes, you can digitally sign the installation files by using the same certificate (the one used to sign the package). This can be done by using the "Digitally sign the file" option in the "Edit File" dialog (to show this dialog you can double-click the file in the "Files and Folders" page):
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... ialog.html
I'm also wondering if I can create multiple distribution files (via multiple advanced installer projects) using the same signature.
Yes, you can create any number of installation packages using the same digital signature certificate.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”