Shaz

Show custom images while installing prerequiste? URGENT

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:16 am

Is there a way to show a few images one after the other while the a prerequiste is being installed?

Essentially I am installing a .NET application and if the the client machine does not have .NET 2.0 framwork I first want to install .NET 2.0. While .NET 2.0 is getting installed, instead of showing the .NET framework dialog screens, I would like to show the description of my product with the series of images. After .NET 2.0 framwork is installed the installer should continue with the usual flow and install my application.

Any ideas? Your help is greatly appretiated.

Cosmin

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:05 am

Hi,

I'm afraid that this cannot be done because the prerequisites installation will show the dialogs and images stored in the prerequisite installation package.

Note that the prerequisite installation package is an independent installation package an it cannot be fully controlled by Advanced Installer.

A solution is to add as a prerequisite an installation package created by you and customized in Advanced Installer to show the dialogs and images you need, however, this cannot be done for the .NET Framework installation package.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”