guidway

Pre-requisite found, but still wants to install

I setup a pre-requisite to look for Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 and Microsoft Data Access Components 2.81 on my installer setup and when I build the project and run it, even though those components show up as already installed (acceptable version has been found) it still defaults to Install instead of Skip. Is there a way to control whether it shows up as Skip/Install on the prerequisites window or is it the way I'm setting up my pre-requisites?

I'm currently using:

Microsoft.NET
Registry value with specified content:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Net Framework Setup\NDP\v2.0.50727\Install
Value: 1

and

MDAC 2.8
Registry value with specified content
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\DataAccess\FullInstallVer
Value: 2.8
Cosmin

Hi,

I cannot reproduce this behavior on my test machine.

Please send us the AIP which shows this behavior (if it doesn't contain confidential information) or a small test case which reproduces the behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate the problem.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
guidway

I will try to put something together to reproduce the problem and sent it back within a day or two.

The strange thing is that I noticed some prerequisites appear correct, others don't. I am using version 5.2.2, not 6.1 yet as I'm waiting for the new license. Would the version matter?
guidway

It appears it may have just been a fluke in something I did. I removed the prerequisites and re-added them w/o tampering with them and they seem to be working now. I'm still testing them and if I see what I did before I will post it. Thanks for the quick response. :)

Return to “Common Problems”