npahucki

Using Pack200 option obliterates SOME jar files.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:26 am

I am using AI 6.1.1 and have a Java project. When I enable Pack200 support on the Media->Java Tab, I have problems when the project is installed. Some, but not all jars are installed with a 0 byte size. If I turn off pack200, everything works fine. I also found that by specifying different levels of LZMA compression, I get different results! On one compression level, ALL of the jar files were 0 byte size. However, there was no compression setting where I was able to get all of my jars installed intact. One thing I notice, is that the jars that end up with zero size under Best compression, are ones that we generate before the build is run versus 3rd party libraries. It is also worth noting that we are using JDK 1.6, not 1.5. I did a logged install and didn't see anything that looked like an error, but there were so many messages and no way to search the log that I may have missed them.

Has anyone seen this sort of thing before? Is it a bug?

Thank you in advance.

Cosmin

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. You can try to use a lower compression level.

If the problem persists please send us the AIP which doesn't use compression and the installation package which resulted from it to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

npahucki

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:20 pm

There is no compression level that actually works, if there were, I'd use it. I am unclear on what you want sent to you. You want the aip with pack200 turned off? It works fine without pack200. Do want the aip and an msi where pack200 was used to compress the jars?

Cosmin

Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:43 am

Hi,

In order for us to investigate this behavior we need the AIP which doesn't user compression (it has the Pack200) compression turned off). Also, we need the MSI package which works (the one resulted from the AIP with the compression turned off).

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”