rick lomas

Running a project after a system rebuid

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:54 am

My PC recently died (RIP). I've installed AI on the new PC and reinstalled my projects from backup.
However, I can't get into one of my AI projects because it can't find a (cutomized) dialogue from All Users\Application Data.... (which I didn't backup!).
Is there any way I can get back into the original project as it took some time to set up originally?

Cosmin

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi,

You are encountering this behavior because the AIP cannot find one of the dialogs you had in the Dialog Repository. Since you no longer have access to the Repository the only solution is this:
- use another project (or a new one) to create the missing dialog
- make sure that it has the same name as the missing one (it is specified in the error message)
- move the dialog to Repository by using the option in the "Dialogs" page
- when you open the problematic AIP, it should find the missing dialog

Also, your AIP may have been modified by the error, therefore you need to open it and check if the repository path is correct (it should be "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Caphyon\Advanced Installer\Repository").

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

rick lomas

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi Cosmin,
That didn't work. I have checked the file name several times and the name on the error message is exactly the same as the new dialog.
Any further ideas?

Regards,
Rick

Cosmin

Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:26 am

Hi,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. Can you please send us the AIP with this problem to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

rick lomas

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:00 am

It's OK Cosmin, I've started from scratch and re-built the project - which also gave me the opportunity of improving it!

Rick

Return to “Common Problems”