Alpicus

Some french translations are too long

Hi,

For instance, in the customize dialog, the french label of "DiskCost" button (Disk Usage) is too long. Most of the time, the french label of "ItemSize" text is too long and of course is cut > not nice !

Is it possible that the french translators can check the translations for the built in dialogs.

Thanks.

Phil
Cosmin

Hi,
the french label of "DiskCost" button (Disk Usage) is too long.
Please note that the text does not exceed the button. If you do not like the default size of the button you can enlarge it by using the Dialog Editor feature.
Most of the time, the french label of "ItemSize" text is too long and of course is cut > not nice !
Please note that all languages show the same behavior. No matter what language the package uses, the text for the item size will always be shown on two lines.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Alpicus

Hi,

I don't think you understood me : for "Disk Cost" button in FRENCH, the translation is "Utilisation du disque" and this is too long for the size of the button : it's in 2 lines but cannot be read correctly. Perhaps another default translation like "Utilisation disque" ou "Espace disque" is shorter and will fit on 1 line in the button.

For the ItemSize text, in english it's fitting but not in french again.

HTH,

Phil
cosmin wrote:Hi,
the french label of "DiskCost" button (Disk Usage) is too long.
Please note that the text does not exceed the button. If you do not like the default size of the button you can enlarge it by using the Dialog Editor feature.
Most of the time, the french label of "ItemSize" text is too long and of course is cut > not nice !
Please note that all languages show the same behavior. No matter what language the package uses, the text for the item size will always be shown on two lines.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin

Hi,

This may happen because of the font size your machine is using or because of the operating system.

For example, I tested this on a Windows 2000 machine and the "Utilisation du disque" text is written on two lines (like you said), but on the rest of the machines it is shown correctly. Also, I am unable to show the Item size text on a single line (I'm not sure why this bothers you). Can you please specify the settings on your machine? (Windows version, resolution etc.).

Regards,
Cosmin
Alpicus

Below a screenshot with the translations "problems" in red circles :

Windows 2003 / 1680x1050 / 16bits color / Font size : normal / 96dpi

Cheers,

Phil
Cosmin

Hi,

In order to avoid this behavior you can enlarge the button control for "Disk Usage" in the "Dialogs" page. Also, you can enlarge the static text control for the "Item Size" in order to show the entire text.

Regards,
Cosmin

Return to “Common Problems”