Junior6773

postgres 8.2.4 as prerequisite

I have two prerequesites for my app. apache 2 and postgres 8.2.4-1.
I do a prerequesite condition of "version" on the executable file, standard stuff through the gui.
The installer does correctly verify that apache 2 has been installed, but not postgres, and I am using the same method on both.
The weird thing is, that after postgres installs, it still says prerequesites are missing. So I click "next" again, and I get an "uninstall" and "modify" button.
I clicked the modify, just to see what would happen, after modify was finished running, the installer successfully verified the prerequesite was installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cosmin

Hi,

This happens because PostgreSQL uses two files: a launcher and the actual installation package. The smaller MSI file is not mandatory because it is the launcher. Basically, this launcher checks if the application is already installed and allows selecting the setup language using a custom dialog.

Therefore, you can use the main MSI file (the one which has a larger size) as a Prerequisite, and set the appropriate command-line options for it. In the "Properties" tab of the "New Prerequisite" dialog please set the "Command Line" field to:

Code: Select all

INTERNALLAUNCH=1
Let me know if the problem persists when using this approach.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Junior6773

Thanks

Worked like a charm. Thanks for your speedy response and professionalism. I am glad I chose you guys. You are very knowledgeable which is a great help with complicated stuff like this.
Cheers!

Return to “Common Problems”