robert

Uninstall fails when concurrent installations

I have setup my product to allow side by side installations, if I install the latest version on a clean machine and then deinstall it works fine the following are tidied up correctly:

- Files & Folders
- Desktop icon
- Start menu entry
- Registry details

If I install the latest version side by side with a previous release and then try and uninstall it all goes horribly wrong. All of the above is left behind, each version installs to a versioned location so there is no crossover between the versions.
Cosmin

Hi,

I have tested this scenario and I cannot reproduce this behavior on my test machines (the second installation is removed correctly). Can you reproduce this on other machines?

If the problem persists please send us a small test case which reproduces this behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate the problem.

The test case should include:
- the AIP files of the two packages
- the resulted installation packages

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
robert

For some reason the product code hadn't been updated, not sure how this happened but I just forced it to regenerate a new product code and everything worked fine. I changed the product name slightly so it's possible that this change stopped the prompt for regenerating the code from appearing

Return to “Common Problems”