liorbk

Assembly versino attribute

Is it possible that during the build of the MSI, the version attribute of an assebly that is added to the GAC will be read from the assebly itself.
I have anb autobuild process that increase the version of the installer and of the assemblies. But im afraid that it does not change the version attribute.

Any thoughts?

Lior
Ionut

Re: Assembly versino attribute

Hi Lior,

AI automatically determines assembly attributes (Name, Version, Culture etc) when adding an assembly in the Assemblies page. However, these attributes are not refreshed at build time.

We already have this improvement on our TODO list and it will be implemented in a future version. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
RobertvanderHulst

Re: Assembly versino attribute

Ionut wrote:Hi Lior,

AI automatically determines assembly attributes (Name, Version, Culture etc) when adding an assembly in the Assemblies page. However, these attributes are not refreshed at build time.

We already have this improvement on our TODO list and it will be implemented in a future version. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,
Ionut
I am also having problems with this. AI picks uo the new version numbers of our files, however the attrributes on the Assemblies page still reflect the old version.

As a work around I do a Search/Replace with a text editor on the AIP file, but that has the risk of breaking other things..

Robert

Return to “Common Problems”