yishai

Sign the java generated exe

I build a java application (myApp) using AI 5.0. Since my build system is completely automated (i.e. I can not be prompted for a password), I sign the installer outside for AI using the command line with the signtool.exe.

That work fine, but the application itself (i.e. myApp.exe) is not signed and will give the non signed warning. I would like to sign the exe the same way, however, I don’t think this file exists by itself but is added by AI to the installer.

So, how can I sign the automatically created myApp.exe file without the need to enter a password manually during the signing process?

Thanks

-Yishai
Cosmin

Re: Sign the java generated exe

Hi,

I'm afraid that this cannot be done from outside the Advanced Installer project because "signtool.exe" digitally signs the MSI file, not all the files in it.
If you want to digitally sign a file in the installation package you need to configure the Digital Signature[url] page with your certificate. Note tha ... ]Edit File dialog is checked by default. This option will make Advanced Installer to sign the Java Launcher in the MSI package with the certificate configured in the "Digital Signature" page (it's an Advanced Installer feature).

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”