tjams2

Uncheck a Checkbox

Hello,

I have a dialog that has some radio buttons and a checkbox on it. When a particular radio button is selected, I'd like to uncheck the checkbox and disable it. Can you tell me how to accomplish that? Also, the "Property Name" property of the checkbox is associated with an Install Parameter. Will that be set appropriately when I take the above actions?

Thanks,
Tom
Cosmin

Re: Uncheck a Checkbox

Hi,
When a particular radio button is selected, I'd like to uncheck the checkbox and disable it.
This can be done by using Control Conditions for the checkbox control. There is a similar discussion (it uses a checkbox instead of a radio button) in another thread, please take a look:
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... f=2&t=7401

Note that the checkbox will be unchecked only if you set its property to an empty value (for example to the value of a new property which is empty by default). This can be done by using a "SetProperty" published control event for the radio button group. Also, this control event must be conditioned to run only when the appropriate radio button is selected.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
tjams2

Thanks. I think I have the Control Condition working to enable and disable the checkbox, but I'm having some trouble unchecking the checkbox. For some reason, when I select the radiobuttongroup and go to the Published Events tab, everything is disabled and I can't create published events. Same is true for the individual radio buttons themselves.
tjams2

Nope, sorry. I spoke too soon. Disabling the checkbox isn't working either. Here's what I have:
RadioButtonGroup Property Name is INSTALL_MODE
The particular radio button that I want to trigger this action has Value=Prod-SD
For the checkbox, for Control Conditions I have:

Condition Action
INSTALL_MODE="Prod_SD" Disable

But, when I click on radio button, the checkbox does not become disabled. Did I miss something?
Cosmin

Hi,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. Can you please send us the AIP you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can take a look?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”