Alpicus

Forum search

Mon May 26, 2008 8:58 am

Hi Support,

Since the new forum system is installed, it's quite difficult to make a search : I wanted to search for "custom action" and I received the following :

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: action custom.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

This for many different words specific to Advanced Installer like : install, feature, custom, action, property, condition, directory, folder, ...

Is it possible to fix this so we can search for important words for installer in the forum ?

Thanks !

Phil

Cosmin

Re: Forum search

Mon May 26, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi Phil,

The new version of the forum has an optimized search feature, therefore it cannot be changed to the old engine. When using the old search engine for common words (like "custom action"), you would get more than 1000 results (a bit redundant in my opinion).

With the new search engine, this cannot happen because it has a limitation for the number of results. Therefore, if the search returns to many results, the user is prompted to use a more specific detection criteria (for example, "stop process custom action" instead of simply "custom action"). This way, the search will return more accurate results (keep in mind that the "custom action" string appears in almost all threads on the forum).

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”