imaginedvl

Check for installed products and stop the installation

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Upgrades/CustomActions to block the installation if another product (i have the MSI and the product code) is installed.
I found the way to store it into a property (using the "Upgrades" section), but Custom Actions (that can check the property) are executed AFTER the installation of file and this is too late for me...

So is there any simple way to check if a product is installed, display a message and cancel the installation with AI?
Cosmin

Re: Check for installed products and stop the installation

Hi,

The property you are using in the Upgrades page can be used as a Custom Launch Condition in the "Prerequisites" page. For example, if your property is named OLD_VERSION, you can use this custom launch condition:

Code: Select all

NOT OLD_VERSION              Please uninstall the old version before launching this package
Custom Actions (that can check the property) are executed AFTER the installation of file and this is too late for me...
There is a similar discussion on the forum, please take a look:
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... f=2&t=7534

Note that a custom action can be scheduled in the beginning of the installation by placing it under an earlier standard action in the Custom Actions page.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”