fire5011

Language in Dialog "ReadMe"

Hello to all, I have there a small problem. I have a project with two languages. German and English. Now I get, if I select a German READ ME file German as language also, because I deposited these also during the dialogues. if now the installation in English happens, I get no READ ME file indicated. What can I do?

Sorry for my english!
Cosmin

Re: Language in Dialog "ReadMe"

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you please give me more details about this?
Are you referring to localizing the Readme file? If this is the case please note that we have the Localize EULA and Readme text how to which explains how it can be done.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
fire5011

have try the EULA text after your guidance to locate, however I do not get the entries indicated in your guidance with providing the dictionary.

What can i do? Mannualy write the entries in my Dictionary?
Cosmin

Hi,

The entries in the custom dictionary should be created automatically if the "Always translate this string" and "Using specified localization identifier" options are selected in the Localization Dialog. If these options are set and the entries are still not created, please send us the AIP you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin

Hi Jens,

You are encountering this behavior because you did not set the localization identifiers to a custom value.

For example, in your project the localization identifier of the Readme text is set to "Control.Text.ReadmeDlg#ReadmeText", but the how-to recommends to use "ReadmeText". Basically, you need to make sure that you are using a custom identifier (not the default one).

If you use the default identifier Advanced Installer will ignore it. This happens because the default identifier is already used by the Advanced Installer dictionaries.

Regards,
Cosmin

Return to “Common Problems”