victorzk

Renaming Project Folders

Hello,
I want to rename the folder created by AI next to the *.aip file (not the cache folder, but the folder with the project files). I changed the source paths of the files in the project (doing this one by one is slow, is there a better way?), and AI successfully creates the CAB files, but it gets stuck with the MSI database: "Exception - Reason: File [....\Old Folder Name\Binary\info_1] could not be read." Another similar problem occurred when I tried to remove one of the imported MSI's from a project; as I could not find a way to properly remove it, I removed its features, but when I deleted the folders associated with that imported MSI, the project in which it was importer and from which I tried to delete it could not build, giving a similar error message.
Thanks.
*Note: I tried searching the forum for an answer, but keywords like "project", "folder", "path", etc. were all ignored.
Cosmin

Re: Renaming Project Folders

Hi,
I changed the source paths of the files in the project (doing this one by one is slow, is there a better way?),
Please note that Advanced Installer 6.4 comes with the Path Variables feature. By using this feature you can assign a variable to a path and use that variable instead of the hard-coded path. When you want to modify the path of the resource folder, you will modify the path variable and all the files that use will be updated automatically.

Note that in order to update a path variable after you modify it, you may need to close and re-open the project.
"Exception - Reason: File [....\Old Folder Name\Binary\info_1] could not be read."
Please delete the cache folder and try to build the project again. If the problem persists please send us the AIP which shows this problem to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it. Also, please specify the old and the new path of the resource folder.
I tried to remove one of the imported MSI's from a project;
Please note that after you import a MSI into an existing project you cannot remove it. This is because the import mechanism adds all the resources and settings in the MSI into your project. Therefore, the only way to eliminate the imported MSI is to manually remove all its settings and resources from your project.
*Note: I tried searching the forum for an answer, but keywords like "project", "folder", "path", etc. were all ignored.
This is because these words are too common and they would return too many results. When performing a search on the forum please try using a more specific criteria.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”