DJAsiX

Software Prerequisite localization problem

Hi

I’m trying to create a package localized in 5 languages (En, De, Es, Fr, It). I have 5 software prerequisites within the prerequisites area. Each of these prerequisites supports one of the languages above and is only installed if the language matches (Dialog: “Edit Prerequisites”, Page “Install Condition”, Property: “Support only the following languages”).

Problem
How can I define a must prerequisite that is only installed if none of the prerequisites above are installed? With other word: If the OS language is none of the 5 languages above?

Regards
DJ AsiX
Cosmin

Re: Software Prerequisite localization problem

Hi,
How can I define a must prerequisite that is only installed if none of the prerequisites above are installed?
I'm afraid that Advanced Installer doesn't support this directly. However, you can try these approaches:
- the prerequisite supports all languages, except the languages of the first 5 prerequisites
- the prerequisite uses the Install Conditions of the first 5 prerequisites; note that the "Install if all of the above searches fail" option should be selected

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
DJAsiX

Hi

Hm...
Or is there a possibility to use the setup language setting within the install conditions of the prerequisite instead of the OS language settings?

Regards
Martin
Cosmin

Hi Martin,

The language of the installation is specified in the ProductLanguage property. However, when the prerequisite wizard runs the MSI install process is not started yet. Therefore, a prerequisite cannot use installer properties.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”