shally.dhar

Advanced Installer 6.4

Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:52 am

Hi,

I am building my installer using Advanced Installer 6.4.It gives me an installer with .exe extension.When I run this exe on any other system on which I need to install my application,it gets installed and launched correctly but with the following error:
"The application failed to initialize(0xc0000005).Click OK to terminate the application"

Every thing is working fine but this error is coming again and again.Please help with your solutions as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Shally

canhuth

Re: Advanced Installer 6.4

Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:51 am

Hello shally.dhar,

maybe these google hits can help:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%2 ... tnG=Search

One of them hints at viruses, trojans, and so on.

The other mentions a program which conflicts with Windows' DEP (Data Execution Prevention) and thus must be configured as an exception.

These issues are however not directly related to Advanced Installer.

With best regards

Clemens Anhuth

shally.dhar

Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:59 pm

Thanks a lot...but I guess that will not solve my problem.If you come across anything more ,please do post it.

Regards,
Shally

canhuth

Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Hello shaly.dhar,

why won't the things found at google help you? Have you tried all of them already?

Maybe you can explain the problem again, I am still not sure how it is related to Advanced Installer.

The first explanation sounded like "I ship my application in an installer made with Advanced Installer and after installation when I run my application it gives an error." If it is like this, is your application causing this same error when NOT being installed by Advanced Installer, but instead when copying it to the target machine manually?

With best regards

Clemens Anhuth

Cosmin

Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi,

Indeed, this seems like a problem caused by the application itself, not by the installation package. Please test your application outside Advanced Installer (copy the files manually). If it works correctly, please send us the AIP you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

shally.dhar

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:06 am

Thanks for your replies ...I have tried copying the files manually.On running, the exe does not give any such error when copied manually.I also tried making installer of another exe(test application) with Advanced Installer.It worked fine after installation.I guess i have checked some option in the Advanced Installer which is not getting completed properly and hence giving an error...

Regards,
Shally

shally.dhar

Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:59 am

Also, I am building this installer with the trial version of Advanced Installer.Can this be a reason for the errors?

Regards,
Shally

Cosmin

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 am

Hi,
I am building this installer with the trial version of Advanced Installer.Can this be a reason for the errors?
No, this is not related in any way with the error you are encountering. Usually the "0xc0000005" error means Access Denied. Does your application try to access resources to which it doesn't have access? Is your package installed per-user or per-machine? Does the application require Administrator privileges to run? Are you installing and running the application as an Administrator user?

Can you please give me more details about your package and what your application needs?

Regards,
Cosmin

shally.dhar

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:21 am

Hi,

Yes, after reading some articles, I came to know that this error refers to some access rights violations.This package is installed per machine.

This application needs to do some work that needs to have administrator rights like registry entries, interacting with system windows etc.Hence, i have concluded that this might be the possible cause for the error as I am not running this with admin rights.I will do the same and check for the errors.

Thanks for your directions.

Regards,
Shally

shally.dhar

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi,

I need to show uninstall dialogs while uninstalling my application using the shortcut for uninstallation.Can anyone please help?

I know the method to show the dialogs while removing application from Add/Remove Programs.

But I need to achieve the same using the uninstall shortcut.The method for the above did not work in this case.

Regards,
Shally

Cosmin

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi Shally,

Please note that when using the Uninstall shortcut the package will be uninstalled silently. This is because the shortcut points to msiexec.exe and it uses a command line which calls the uninstall of the package.

Therefore, the only ways of showing dialogs during an uninstall is to use the "Change" button in "Add or Remove Programs" or to launch the MSI when it is already installed. This will make the MSI enter in Maintenance mode and show the maintenance dialogs.

Regards,
Cosmin

shally.dhar

Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:51 am

Hi Cosmin,

Thanks a lot for the answer.

regards,
Shally

Return to “Common Problems”