canhuth

Localizing custom launch condition text

Hello everyone.

I created a custom launch condition and open the help to see how to localize the text for it. The help did not tell me that the string id is "<the_condition_of_your_custom_launch_condition>".

I only found out that it is so by created a new custom dictionary (Translations/Languages/Translations/Create...).

Maybe the help text (mk:@MSITStore:C:\td2\tools\AdvancedInstaller_6.4.1\advinst.chm::/pages/localized-string.html) for the custom launch condition can shortly explain this connection of condition and string id to make it easier to discover this connection.

With best regards

Clemens Anhuth
canhuth

Re: Localizing custom launch condition text

After the localized texts didn't show up I retried the approach with creating a custom dictionary for untranslated strings, and this time the custom launch condition strings do not show up anymore. I also tried removing the existing custom launch condition and adding one with another name, and removing the cache folders of AI, but the string ids just don't show up in the newly created custom dictionary.

Am I doing something wrong?

With best regards

Clemens Anhuth
gigi

Hi,

By default, Advanced Installer will attempt to translate only package elements that are specified for translation. This includes all UI strings and certain Windows Installer Properties. So to translate other elements (like "Launch Conditions") click "Select..." button from "Translations->Languages" page. Select the elements you want to be translated.

For more details please see this tutorial.

Regards,
Gigi
Gheorghe Rada
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
canhuth

Thank you gigi, I will pay attention to that and retry the steps.

With best regards

Clemens Anhuth

Return to “Common Problems”