philreck

Updater problems

Hi,
I am having problems with the updater. The new installer successfully downloads and seems to install correctly. Although the new version also included the updater exe file and shortcut, no updater file was installed, so the updated program cannot check for updates!. Now if I try to uninstall the updated program, I get an error saying that a program required for this install to complete could not be run. I have zipped the aip files and attached them. I created an exe installer with the msi included( installer is called pro4000Install.exe).
Regards
Philip Reckless
tscott3

Re: Updater problems

I am also having problems with the updater. My issue is that the update downloads sucessfuly and then I get a unable to open file or file path problem. When I launch the updater from the windows start menu (installed with my application) the download and update process works without error.
Cosmin

Hi,
The new installer successfully downloads and seems to install correctly. Although the new version also included the updater exe file and shortcut, no updater file was installed, so the updated program cannot check for updates!
This behavior may be caused by a bug in Windows Installer related to the upgrade process and the file versioning rules. You can try using the "Ensure that this file overwrites any installed target file" option in the Version tab of the "Edit File" dialog. If this doesn't solve the problem please send us the AIPs of the target and upgraded packages to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.
My issue is that the update downloads sucessfuly and then I get a unable to open file or file path problem. When I launch the updater from the windows start menu (installed with my application) the download and update process works without error.
Most likely this behavior is caused by the URL you are using or by the download location. Can you please send us the INI file installed with the Updater and the Updates Configuration file to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
philreck

Thanks very much - setting the 'Ensure that this file overwrites any installed target file' fixed the problem.
Regards
Philip Reckless

Return to “Common Problems”