adestis

Prerequisites .Net 3.5 SP1

Somehow I have problems with setting up the prerequisites for the .Net 3.5 SP1. There was almost no problem with the .Net 3.5 prerequisite, but we switched to .Net 3.5 SP1 now.

Somehow the setup doesn't recognize an installed .Net 3.5 SP1. Even after the setup installs the service pack.

Does someone happen to have some information how the "Install Conditions" should be configured, please?
Cosmin

Re: Prerequisites .Net 3.5 SP1

Hi,

The detection criteria for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 can use this registry value:

Code: Select all

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5\SP
For the predefined prerequisite you can use a Registry value with specified content criteria to determine if the registry entry has the value "1". Please note that a predefined prerequisite for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 will be available in the next version of Advanced Installer.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
matelich

I may just be dim, but I don't see anything SP1 related in my prerequisites. I'm running AI version 6.7.1

What am I missing?

Thanks
tom
Cosmin

Hi Tom,

In order to add the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 predefined prerequisite you can follow these steps:
- make sure you are using a Professional, Java Application or Enterprise project
- in the "Prerequisites" page select the Software Prerequisites tab
- use the "Add" button or context menu to show all predefined prerequisites
- select the ".NET Framework" menu item
- select the ".NET Framework 3.5" menu item
- select the ".NET Framework 3.5 SP1" menu item
- configure the prerequisite the way you need

Regards,
Cosmin
matelich

I see. Thanks. I'd bet that we're not using a project of that flavor, we started out with the free version of Advanced Installer. Is there a straightforward way to upgrade a project from whatever type it is now? Or do I need to start from scratch and do a lot of copy/paste.
Cosmin

Hi,

You can change the type of the project by using the Project -> Options menu. Please note that if you don't have a license which support the new type, Advanced Installer will automatically enter trial mode.

Regards,
Cosmin
Dmitry

Hi,

Using of "software prerequisites" tab requires an installation to be an executable file. Is there any easy way to make ".net Framework 3.5 sp1" a requirement, and have the installation in the msi-format at the same time?

--Dmitry Dzygin
cyb

Hi,

If you just want to stop the installation if .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is not present on the target machine, you can create a custom launch condition following the steps below:

- perform a registry search with our Search Wizard;
- set the registry key path to : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5\SP and the value to "1"
- go to the Prerequisite page under the Project Settings tree, select the Custom Launch Conditions tab and create a custom launch condition based on your search.
You can read more about this in the Launch Conditions help article .

However, if you would also want .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to be installed if it is not present, you must use the Prerequisites which will create an exe file.

Best regards,
cyb
Cosmin Budrica
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”