ahouriet

Wildcard for installed files

I am having trouble understanding how to limit the files I get in my installation. I am attempting to build an installer for an asp.net (2.0) site. I want to include only .aspx, .ascx, etc. files. As time goes on and the site get built and changes, I don't want to have to go back and add individual files. Is there a way I can use a wildcard (*.aspx) for specific folders so it will automatically include new files when they appear?

I have been working with the synchronized folders some, but I just don't seem to be able to get it to show me the files that will be installed correctly.

Thanks,
Andy
Cosmin

Re: Wildcard for installed files

Hi Andy,
Is there a way I can use a wildcard (*.aspx) for specific folders so it will automatically include new files when they appear?
This can be done by using the synchronization feature. For example, you try tis approach:
- create a folder on the disk which contains all the installation files and folders
- in the "Application Folder" directory in your project replicate the folder structure on the disk without adding any files
- synchronize each directory in "Application Folder" with its corresponding folder on the disk
- for each synchronization you can define filters for the files added automatically to the folder

Note that you can also synchronize "Application Folder" with the main folder on the disk instead of synchronizing each folder. This way you will have only one synchronization with one set of filters which affect all folders.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ahouriet

Just to make sure I understand and do this correctly, the folder that I create on disk that contains all the installation files and folders, is this a separate copy from my existing project files? Or do I just use my existing project folders?

Thanks,
Andy
Cosmin

Hi,
is this a separate copy from my existing project files? Or do I just use my existing project folders?
You can use your existing project folders. Basically, you synchronize the folders in your project with the folders of your application.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”