Jameskn

Trial Periods ?

Hi,

Not really a problem but more a question. Is there any way of setting up a trial period into my program using Advanced Installer. I.e I want my customer to download a trial version to test the software then hopefully purchase it after 30 days ? One of the other problems I have is the with my .NET application it can be obviously be Xcopyed is there any standard advice anybody has for stopping someone doing this? or at least disabling the program, i.e Check for a licence key in the registry or a make a call out to webservice to check Mac / Motherboard matches the key when there is an update ?

Thanks for any advice,

Cheers,

James
Cosmin

Re: Trial Periods ?

Hi James,
Is there any way of setting up a trial period into my program using Advanced Installer.
I'm afraid that this feature is not supported by Advanced Installer. However, we have it on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version.
One of the other problems I have is the with my .NET application it can be obviously be Xcopyed is there any standard advice anybody has for stopping someone doing this?
For this you can try to organize your application in such a way that it works only when it runs from the installation folder. For example, write the installation folder into a registry entry and check it when the application starts.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”