mng000

Unable to localise multi-language EULA using pro version

When using Advanced Installer Professional (not enterprise):
When you add a new language, it adds that language’s dictionary in the dictionary tab. This has a reference to a default EULA in that language located here: C:\Program Files\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 6.5.2\resources .

Despite trying everything, I cannot force it to use the correct EULAs for multi language (some options are missing because this is not the enterprise version), so the only option appears to be to rename copies of our EULA: eula_it.rtf and eula_zh.rtf and over write the default files.

Is there another way?

Thanks!

Mark
Cosmin

Re: Unable to localise multi-language EULA using pro version

Hi Mark,

Please note that the EULA can be localized. For more details, please see the Localize EULA and Readme text how-to. Note that in a Professional project you can right-click in the path of the EULA RTF file in order to enable its localization.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mng000

Hi,

Thanks for the reply . . .

The problem is, if i follow the instructions, in professional i don't have the ability to do these:

"click on the localization button (the one with the flags next to the [ ... ] button)"
"make sure that the Always translate this string and Using specified localization identifier options are selected"
"make sure that the localization identifier is set to AgreementText"

and so when i create a dictionary, AgreementText does not appear in it, and so I cannot do it.

***EDIT -
I see what you mean about right clicking it to do this - the instructions don't seem to mention this for professional . . . However, the entry still does not appear in the custom dictionary - do i need to add it myself?
Cheers

Mark
Cosmin

Hi,
However, the entry still does not appear in the custom dictionary - do i need to add it myself?
No, the entry should be added automatically. Please make sure that the localization identifier is set to "AgreementText" in the Localization dialog. Also, please make sure that the "User Interface" option is checked in the Localization Options dialog.

If the problem persists, please send us the AIP you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mng000

Hi,

Thanks - was being a dullard and had left it as default identifier.

Cheers!

Mark

Return to “Common Problems”