Heike

property ARPCOMMENTS wrong

Hello all!

I've created a msi file with the Advanced Installer trial version 6.6. Opening the file with Orca I can see in the property table that the property ARPCOMMENTS is wrong. It's value is always "Property.ARPCOMMENTS".

Is this a bug only in the trial version?

Thanks in advance
Heike Pertzel
Cristi

Re: property ARPCOMMENTS wrong

Hi,

This type of error may have multiple causes. Can you please send us the .AIP (project) and .AIL (dictionary) files you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

Best regards,
Cristi
Heike

Hello Cristi,

thanks for your answer.

I've made a simple .AIP for sending to you. But in this simple file I can't find the problem. So I can find out by comparing the two file where the problem comes from.

Greetings
Heike
CProbst

Is this Problem solved? I have the same *suddenly* in 6.7 and 6.7.1. In Propertys of the Installer the description is always "Property.ARPCOMMENTS".

the .aip contains:

<ROW Property="ARPCOMMENTS" Value="Dieser Installer enthält die Informationen um das Programm zu installieren." ValueLocId="*"/>

Christian
CProbst

Trying around i found out the reason: It's the umlaut ä in this case, the others will make surely the same trouble.

Christian
Cosmin

Hi Christian,

Please note that the MSI supports only the characters of its language. Therefore, your MSI should use the German language in order to support the string you are using. If you are creating a multilingual installation, then the ARPCOMMENTS property should be localized.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”