jm2008

IIS Application Pool

Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi,

I'm installing 3 web applications within the installer, but I need to create custom Application pool to be used within the web applications. Is it possible to do this through Advanced Installer?

Thanks,

Cosmin

Re: IIS Application Pool

Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi,

Currently this is not supported by Advanced Installer. However, this feature is on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Kallex

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi Cosmin!

Any ETA on when this feature might be available?

Checked back to InstallShield where we moved from (no, not missing anything really and not going back), it has on this area clean Application Pool and Web Site concept available, that allows management/creation of Application Pools with specific identities and such.

Br,

Kalle

Cosmin

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi Kalle,

This feature will be available in the 6.9 version of Advanced Installer. I'm afraid we cannot offer an exact ETA, but this version should be released in a couple of months.

Regards,
Cosmin

Kallex

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:17 am

Hi!

Also want to add following wishes on quite urgent: the way to determine ASP.NET version on IIS. Also the ability not to delete the website at uninstallation would be nice, I couldn't find one, if it exists.

As of now the workaround is manually change the asp.net on first install, however when performing major upgrades, the IIS site gets removed and recreated with false ASP.NET runtime every time.

Br,

Kalle

Cosmin

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi Kalle,

These improvements are already on our TODO list and they will be available in a future version. I'm afraid we cannot offer an ETA for now.

Regards,
Cosmin

Return to “Common Problems”