kgwood

XML File problems

I've added a web.config file to my project and imported the XML file. I only need to change one attribute from the web.config file that I added to the project but when I modify the attribute value it does not change when I perform the installation. I've checked the "Create element if it doesn't already exist" as well as the "Update-first matching" in the "If element is found". I'm just trying to set debug="false" instead of "true" from the original XML file when the operation is "Create or update" on install. See the attached image. When the application installs the entire root is duplicated even though I only changed the one element. The instance instance of the change is correct so it looks like it is adding a sibling of the first root. But there is no option to Update or Change the root element. I've verified that my XML file is well-formed.

Source file:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<configuration>
<blah>...</blah>
</configuration>

Installed file:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<configuration>
<blah>...</blah>
<blah>...</blah>
</configuration>
Attachments
root.png
root.png (9.98 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
AIXML.png
AIXML.png (9.54 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
Cosmin

Re: XML File problems

Hi,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. Can you please send us the AIP (project) file with the problem to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”