donff

changing the target folder settings

Can anyone help me out? I am new to Advanced Installer and still learning the ropes.

I have created an installation file which, on the end-user PC has created a folder in Program Files, inside which there is another folder, inside which are the files that make up the program I have made. I did not allocate names to these two folders and it seems to me that they have been named by default as the name of the company and name of the Product. How can I rename these folders?

The reason I wish to do this is because I have created another installation of an entirely new type but when I try to run the install it breaks down half way through saying that this program is aready installed on the computer, which it isn't. I have a feeling that because the company name is the same, it is thinking that the program has already been installed.

Thanks in advance.

Don Friend
Cosmin

Re: changing the target folder settings

Hi,

The installation path can be modified through the Install Parameters page of your project. Please note that the User Guide contains a tutorial which may help you.
I have created another installation of an entirely new type but when I try to run the install it breaks down half way through saying that this program is aready installed on the computer, which it isn't.
Please note that for new products (applications) you need to create a new project (you shouldn't use the project of another application). If you want to create a project similar to an existing one, you can use the File -> Save As Template menu to create a template project.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
donff

Re: changing the target folder settings

Hi Cosmin,

Got it. Many thanks.

Don

Return to “Common Problems”