jlavery

Property not being set\picked up from GUI?

At the start of the setup, I want to allow the user to enter a project name; I want to then use this as the name of the sub-directory into which to install the software (being careful not to allow invalid filename characters, of course!).

To achieve this, I've created a new dialog, called ChooseProjectDlg, on which there's a textbox with its property name set to PROJECT_CUSTOMER. I've then, on the Install Parameters page, set the Application Folder to c:\SoftwareName\[PROJECT_CUSTOMER].

The problem is that the PROJECT_CUSTOMER property is not being picked up when I run the setup - the application folder is being set to c:\SoftwareName. If I give the textbox on ChooseProjectDlg a default value, this is being picked up. Therefore the problem seems to be with the property update from the textbox.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James
Cosmin

Re: Property not being set\picked up from GUI?

Hi James,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. Is the PROJECT_CUSTOMER property set before the installation path is shown? If this is the case and the problem persists, please send us the AIP you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
thirsch1

I have a similar problem with Virtual Directory names. Same situatuation - created a dialog and it always uses the default settings, not the newly typed values. I have emailed the aip.
Ionut

Hi Thomas,

Note that you need to use Public Properties (only upper-case letters in their name) for the virtual directory names. This is necessary because the values of Private Properties do not pass from the InstallUI Sequence (when dialogs are shown) to the InstallExecute Sequence (when IIS virtual directories are created).

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”