marcelo

Changing property Value depending on checkbox status

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi there,

I'm trying to change a value based on the CHeckbox status. if it is Checked, i want MYPROPERTY value to be "SOMETHING", if its unchecked i want it to be "SOMETHINGELSE" can i do that when the check box status change? and how?

THanks,
Marcelo

Cosmin

Re: Changing property Value depending on checkbox status

Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:46 am

Hi Marcelo,

This can be done by using SetProperty Published control events for the "Next" button on the dialog which contains the checkbox. These control events can set the property you need based on the property of the checkbox. For example, if the property of the checkbox is CHECK and you want to set the property MY_PROP, the control events would look like this:

Code: Select all

[MY_PROP]       Something         CHECK
[MY_PROP]       SomethingElse     NOT CHECK
Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

marcelo

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:23 pm

Thanks a lot Cosmin!

thenefield

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:52 pm

I have been running into a strange issue with checkboxes. I have a dialog with several checkboxes near the beginning of the installer. I then have different dialogs displayed based upon the selection of certain checkboxes. For instance, there is a check box for Windows and a checkbox for Linux. By default, both are selected. If I leave the default values and click Next, I am forwarded to the Linux configuration dialog. If I had unselected Linux and clicked next, it goes straight to the last dialog for Installation.

Now the problem I am having is that if I decide to unselect Linux and click Next, which forwards me to the last Dialog, then I change my mind and decide to click Back and select Linux and click Next, I am no longer forwarded back to the Linux Configuration page. It instead takes me right back to the final dialog.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

I have conditions set for the Linux dialogs to only display if the Linux checkbox = "yes" and I also have a condition set to go to the final dialog VerifyReadydlg if the Linux checkbox <> "yes".

Shouldn't that work?

Cosmin

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:08 am

Hi,
Now the problem I am having is that if I decide to unselect Linux and click Next, which forwards me to the last Dialog, then I change my mind and decide to click Back and select Linux and click Next, I am no longer forwarded back to the Linux Configuration page. It instead takes me right back to the final dialog.
Most likely the "Back" button doesn't use correct control events. Please note that the "Back" button should also be configured, it is not configured automatically based on the "Next" button. The User Guide contains some how-to's which may help you:
Add a dialog after "SetupTypeDlg"
Conditionally show "StartMenuShortcutsDlg"
Conditionally show the "UpgradeDlg" dialog

If you cannot find the problem, please send us the AIP (project) file you are using to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

Regards,
Cosmin

thenefield

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks for the reply Cosmin!

The issue really isn't with the Back button. The Back button takes me back to where I want to go. The problem is that when I return to the Dialog with the checkboxes. It does not take affect any changes to the checkbox selections.

Cosmin

Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. Can you please send us the AIP with the problem to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

Regards,
Cosmin

Return to “Common Problems”