Matt-Computech

Simple Java App

Hello all, I know this has problem already been addressed somewhere on this forum but i leave town tomm and need to have this done.

I have a very simple java app that I need to create an install for and I have purchased the Java Advanced Installer.

A. What is the best way to install the most current version of the JRE?
-Should I use the Advance Installer Bundled JRE? which doesnt seem to work correct
-Should I use the installer to run the javaJRE.exe file to ensure java is installed correctly
B. I would like to incorporate a 30 day free trial
-I would like the customer to have full access for 30 days and at the end it requires a valid unlock code
-Im a java programmer, how do i create the specified dll to control the unlock?, whats the best way to do this
Cosmin

Re: Simple Java App

Hi,
What is the best way to install the most current version of the JRE?
For this you can use a prerequisite. As a detection criteria you can use this registry value:

Code: Select all

HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.6.0_11\JavaHome
I would like to incorporate a 30 day free trial
Beginning with the 6.7 version Advanced Installer offers the licensing feature which allows you to insert a trial period into your application. However, this feature is available only in Enterprise projects. If you want to upgrade your license to Enterprise, you can use this page:
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/upgrade.html

Another option would be to use third party software which inserts the trial period into your application. After the trial is inserted, you can create the installation package with Advanced Installer.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”