ramit

Set the condition on prerequisite on the basis of selected c

Hi,

In my Product there will be multiple components involved.
These components may be designed in Windows Application, Windows Service, Web Service and Database (Sql Server). I want to install all the components from single installer.

I am planning to have prerequisite to for Operating System and Sql Server.

In this product, it is also possible that Sql Server may install on different Database Server and rest components in other server.

My question is, The prerequisite will unnecessarily checking for SQL 2005 server on a server which will have only web and windows services.

Can I set the condition on prerequisite on the basis of selected components?

Please help me in this.

Thanks.
Amit
Cosmin

Re: Set the condition on prerequisite on the basis of selected c

Hi Amit,

I'm afraid that this is not supported by Advanced Installer.

However, you could try using a custom action to launch the SQL Server installation based on the installed features or components. This custom action should be scheduled under "InstallExecuteSequence" -> "InstallFinalize" with the "Asynchronous execution, do not wait for return" option. Also, you can use a search to determine if SQL Server is installed or not. Please note that in this case the SQL Server installation package should be placed in a location accessible by the MSI (for example it can be installed by the main package).

Another approach would be to use an UI Custom Action or one scheduled under "InstallUISequence" -> "WelcomeDlg". This would allow you to install SQL Server before the main installation starts. This approach also requires an accessible location for the SQL Server installer.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”