cmur8594

Setting up IIS

Hi Everyone,

I have just come across the Advanced Installer and have been playing around with it but need some help. I have a flash program which connects to an ms access database on a local machine as well as connecting to a mysql database on a server. I want to be able to install the flash files and asp files into the inetpub/wwwroot folder. If the user doesnt have IIS setup, is it possible to setup IIS using the Advanced Installer?

Thanks in advance
Cosmin

Re: Setting up IIS

Hi,
I want to be able to install the flash files and asp files into the inetpub/wwwroot folder.
In order to find the "wwwroot" folder you can use a search. After the search is configured, you can use its property for a property-based folder in the "Files and Folders" page. In this folder you can add the files you want to install in "wwwroot".
If the user doesnt have IIS setup, is it possible to setup IIS using the Advanced Installer?
This is supported only for IIS 7 by packages which need to install IIS elements (virtual directories, web sites etc.). For older IIS versions and for packages which don't install IIS elements you can try using a custom action, but I'm not sure how this custom action would look like.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
cmur8594

Hi Cosmin,

Thanks for the help, I was wondering if you would be able to help with another problem I have.

I have created a BAT file which will allow the user to run the IIS setup, however this file requires a textfile as an input. Is there anyway to add the text file to the target machine first and then run the BAT file?

I also need to run the BAT file before the installation so I had a look at the help files and it looks as though I should put this custom action in the "Begin" folder, is this correct?

Thanks again for the help,

Conor
cmur8594

Hi Cosmin,

I've figured it out myself, instead of trying to add the BAT file as well as the text file, I just created the text file when I run the BAT file. That way I only have one file that needs to be included.

Cheers,
Conor

Return to “Common Problems”