rosen.nedialkov

Services Stopped before Uninstall sequence

Hi, I have the below problem.
I have some custom actions in Uninstall sequence that depend on the a service. However with the latest version of AI the service is stopped before the Uninstall sequence and thus the custom action fails. This happens with the latest AI version. In the log the StopService action appears below the
With the previous versions we didn't have this problem.
Cosmin

Re: Services Stopped before Uninstall sequence

Hi,
However with the latest version of AI the service is stopped before the Uninstall sequence and thus the custom action fails.
Please note that, by default, the "StopServices" standard action runs after the "Uninstall" standard action. However, beginning with the 6.7 version Advanced Installer allows you to change the order of standard actions. Did you change the order in your project? If not, please send us the AIP (project) file with the problem to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
rosen.nedialkov

We didn't changed this order.
I will send the AIP, but I want to ask if you need the binaries in the installation?
Cosmin

Hi,
I will send the AIP, but I want to ask if you need the binaries in the installation?
No, we need only the .AIP file created by Advanced Installer (we don't need the binaries).

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”