mikd

Java Product installation in merge module

Hello!

I need to install Java Product in merge module.

As there is no such tab in Merge Module project, I generated exe-wrapper for my jar and corresponding ini-file in normal enterprise project and I want to move these 2 files into merge module project. But there a section [Product Information] in ini-file and wrapper doesn't start without it. And my merge module can be included into two different products. What should I write into this section and what is the purpose of this ini-file section?

Thanks,
Mikhail
Cosmin

Re: Java Product installation in merge module

Hi Mikhail,

I'm afraid that Advanced Installer cannot use Java Products in merge modules. However, we will consider adding this improvement in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mikd

But why can't I just add already generated files MyJavaProduct.exe and MyJavaProduct.ini to merge module project? The only question is about the meaning of the ini-file section [Product Information].

Thanks,
Mikhail
Cosmin

Hi Mikhail,

The "Product Information" section in the INI uses the Product Code, Product Name and Upgrade Code of the MSI which creates the Java Product. Therefore, when the Java Product is generated it will use the information of the package which contains it.

You can try adding the resulted files in a merge module, but the Java Product may not work correctly.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mikd

I can't understand what for does the Java product can need MSI ProductCode and UpgradeCode. But the wrapper doesn't start without this section. Can you give me the info how the exe-wrapper uses this information?
mikd

I've just tried, the java-application starts successfully even if the product, mentioned in this section of ini-file is not installed.

Return to “Common Problems”