ChrisGue

how to start the application after setuo in the users contex

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi,

We the user has no admin rights, my setup must be started as admin or on Vista the UAC asks for the admin password.
I have added an 'execute application now' checkbox at the end of the installation. In the case above the application is then started as admin, though all settings the user makes in my application are done as the admin. When the user later starts my application e.g. frmo the start menu, all his settings are gone, as they were not made in the users context but in the admin context.
Is there a way to handle that?
If not, can I check if the user that started my setup ha no admin right, and though I can hide the checkbox?

Thanks,
Chris

Ionut

Re: how to start the application after setuo in the users contex

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi Chris,

The application should be launched with the same execution level the installer UISequence has used (which should be the same as the user performing the installation, unless you are using the EXE Bootstrapper and you have set the Execution Level to "Require Administrator" in the Media page, "Bootstrapper" tab).

You can use Control Conditions in order to show/hide controls when a certain condition is fulfilled. You can use the Privileged Property to determine whether the installation is performed in the context of elevated privileges.

Regards,
Ionut
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Common Problems”