Jonathan

Do an action before and after a prerequisite

I'm currently evaluating AI and have found it very useful however there is one thing I would like to do but I'm not sure if it is possible.
I currently have the Access 2007 runtime as a prerequisite but I would like to install and run a file (EXE) before and after installing the runtime. Currently the file is part of my main installation.

Incidently I also had quite a bit of trouble with mixing up trusted location and/or signing my access application for deployment but found this article very helpful http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/20 ... table.aspx

Regards,
Jonathan Rowland
Cosmin

Re: Do an action before and after a prerequisite

Hi Jonathan,
I currently have the Access 2007 runtime as a prerequisite but I would like to install and run a file (EXE) before and after installing the runtime.
I'm afraid that this is not supported by Advanced Installer. However, you can try adding the EXE as two different prerequisites: one before the Access prerequisite and one after. Please note that the prerequisites should use custom registry entries which allow the main installation to detect them.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Jonathan

Thanks, that's a good idea - I'll give it a try. If I set Bootstrapper Pages to "Do not display the Information page" and Bootstrapper UI Level to "Silent UI" would that effectively make the events invisible to the users?

Regards,
Jonathan
Cosmin

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, using "Silent Install (no UI)" for the bootstrapper UI Level will hide the prerequisites wizard and only show a progress dialog for the prerequisite installation. Note that this will not affect the UI of the prerequisites.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”