TedN

Registry Data and Folders

I have inherited an installation file and have existing Registry entries such as:

ItemPath REG_SZ [New_Folder_1_IR]
OtherPath REG_SZ [New_Folder_2_DIR]

If I double click on the entrie and click Properties, I get a list of what I assume are predefined folder entries, but nothing that indicates what "[New_Folder_1_DIR]" and "[New_Folder_2_DIR]" refer to.

Can someone tell me how I can figure what what these names specify and perhaps how to rename them to something more meaningfull?

Thanks
Cosmin

Re: Registry Data and Folders

Hi,

"[New_Folder_1_DIR]" and "[New_Folder_2_DIR]" are references to folders in the "Files and Folders" page. When the installation runs, these references will be resolved to the paths of the folders. The references were added in the "Data" section of the registry value by using the "Folder" button in the Edit Registry Entry dialog.
If I double click on the entrie and click Properties, I get a list of what I assume are predefined folder entries
I think you are referring to the "Property" button. Please note that this allows you to add installer properties in the "Data" section of a registry value.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”